Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2017 08:00

How to (permanently) delete Alps Electric Dell Touchpad Driver?

This thing keeps coming back, it refuses to stay deleted.

I want to remove/delte the Alps Electric driver for Dell Touchpad, and I go to Apps settings and Uninstall it. Things work better until some time later it has reinstalled itself again somehow.

How do I get this thing to STAY deleted forever? Not until next reboot, bot for a few hours, but forever and ever?

I watn it removed, as my experience is better with default Microsoft drivers. Thsi Dell/Alps driver causes a long delay between clicking ont he "upper" "mouse buttons" next to he spacebar on my Precision 7520 and the touchpad detecting a swipe. This delay is horrible, ends up completely missing most of my swipe motions, and mangles the ones it gets part of. Selecting text is impossible, selectign graphics is horrible, it just completely ***.

When I remove Dell Touchmad in Windows 10 settings for Apps, then it's OK for a while, until this Dell Touchpad app/driver comes back from the grave.

Please help! Dell Support icket gets me useless answers like turning off Multitouch, which IS off. I don't want that off, I want it absent, as so far, absent is the only thing that works. But absent is unfortunately temporary...

I do not want ot disable the touchpad so that it no longer works, I want to keep Dell's own Alps Electric app/driver from being here at all, and use Microsoft default drivers instead, and continue to use the touchpad in a functional, usable way.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 7th, 2017 05:00

Amigabill,

You can disable it in the control panel under the mouse properties. You should also be able to disable it in the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 to enter the bios.

March 12th, 2018 08:00

@DELL-Jesse Lwrote:

Amigabill,

You can disable it in the control panel under the mouse properties. You should also be able to disable it in the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 to enter the bios.

So.. What you are saying, is that within the BIOS I can disable the Alps touchpad *driver*, leaving the hardware fully functioning for me to use with the Windows default touchpad drivers as was the focus of the issue brought up by OP? Because that doesn't sound right to me....

2 Posts

June 6th, 2018 22:00

DeLL Touchpad drivers break gesture control of the touchpad. Uninstalling the driver fixes the situation but after next reboot windows will automatically force install the **bleep** DeLL drivers again and gesture functionality is yet again broken.

DeLL shoud really fix this! The DeLL "pointing devices" application shows the touchpad as a regular mouse, not a touchpad.

@RickyFromChicago you can do a uninstall and then "rollback driver" from device manager. Kill the touchpad apps from taskmanager before uninstall. I clicked rollback twice after uninstall. The driver read "PS/2 compatible device". After reboot it works fine :)

20 Posts

January 8th, 2019 13:00

I have the same probem... after reinstalling Windows 10 and installing all drivers I wasn't able to use multitouch gestures .... The Dell Touchpad software shows no options (just mouse settings) The windows driver doesn't have all features, so I hope that dell has a solution for that problem.

1 Message

September 21st, 2022 18:00

3 years later and it's still not fixed.... I guess they don't care giving their users full functionality and advantages that came with progress.

I uninstall the driver, and delete the driver file > reboot > and everything works fine. Yet immediately after,  it says it needs to restart to finish the installation of the very driver I just removed. 

This is super super super annoying.  

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

September 24th, 2022 12:00

Have you tried using Rapr (driver store explorer) application that allows you to forcibly delete a stored driver in the driver store?

No Events found!