Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2016 04:00

Problems deploying Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit to Latitude e5550 with SCCM

I'm currently troubleshooting errors during deployment of Windows 10 to Latitude e5550 laptops.

We are deploying with SCCM 2012 build 1511.

Drivers are the newest available from Dell.com.

When the deployment reaches the state where Windows are "Getting devices ready" it reaches 100%, and the text switches to "Getting ready".
This screen stays on for 5 - 10 minutes, and then the install are defaulting to where you have to select Network. When this is done the laptop reboots and the the installation fails.

I can see the laptop is never joining the AD domain, but are successfully downloading packages, drivers and software from the distribution points.

Deploying to ther Dell laptop models (e7450, e7250 and so on) and other makes generally, are no problem - ONLY the Latitude e5550.

Have any of you guys seen anything like this or do you have an idea to track Down the problem?
I can't find any errors (besides the laptop not being domain joined and the SCCM complaining about this)

1 Message

March 25th, 2016 06:00

I am running into this issue on all of the new skylake models we are working with. I used a USB NIC and was able to get Windows 10 to complete and then the on board NICS where there and active but during the build process it is hanging every time if I don't use the USB NIC. I am seeing this on 7040's, 5470's and 7510's. Windows 7 is going on these without an issue. Have you found how to make the onboard NICS work during OSD yet, just curious as I have been fighting this for a month now?

No Events found!