Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

March 10th, 2017 09:00

Restore system image.

I created a system image of my laptop, Inspiron17 5758, and did a clean reinstall of W10 Home Premium, but when I attemted to reimage I am unable to do so, a box pops up telling me it is not possible.

I have to attempt the reimage via the Dell interface as opposed to Windows, is there a way to circumnavigate Dell and reimage via Windows? How can I get rid of the Dell interface?

Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 10th, 2017 12:00

It gets confusing for observers as to what type of image and how you went about reimaging.

For instance, if you created a System Image using the Windows utility, why did you do a clean install before reimaging?

What are you wanting to achieve, get rid of the OEM stuff?  Windows 10 can be clean installed on a system with just the Install Media.  If you are using some Dell component, part of that may be on the drive..

11 Posts

March 12th, 2017 10:00

Hello Saltgrass,

I wasn't trying to achieve anything, what gave you that idea?  I returned my laptop to Dell for repair, and was informed everything on the HD would be erased, so created a system image, simple.

However I have now reistated the image, was simply taking the incorrect route.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 15th, 2017 18:00

You said you did a Clean install of Windows 10, then tried to reimage over the top of that install.  This may not sound strange to you, but it does to me.

Reimaging does not require a prior install.. unless you are trying to do something that needs the OEM recovery files.

No Events found!