Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2015 09:00

Spurious "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly"

One of my users has an XPS13 upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from 8.1,  He does shut down his computer correctly.  But often when he starts the computer he gets the "Recovery: It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" screen.  He turns the computer of then on and it boots normally.  It's annoying.  How can I fix this?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 15:00

:emotion-2:

I like to suggest you run SFC (System File Checker) scan on the computer. The tool scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them.

Please follow steps below:

1. Press Windows+ X and a list of functions will appear. Select the Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Type the following command sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Command Prompt Admin

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 15:00

:emotion-2:

If System File Checker didn't find any problems then I like to suggest you use the option Reset This PC(keep my files) on the computer. Please follow the steps and watch the video below:

1. Click Settings

2. Update And Security

3. Recovery

4. Reset This PC (Get Started)

5. Choose an option ( Keep My Files)

www.youtube.com/watch

1 Message

April 10th, 2018 12:00

I have an XPS13 and it frequently randomly shuts down and comes up with that error message, I have tried the sfc recovery but didn't work, please help!!

9 Posts

March 3rd, 2023 07:00

I am having the same issue with my Dell XPS 9720. I will randomly turn on its own and say that the windows didn't start correctly. After I restart it works fine.

No Events found!