Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2017 05:00

Updates still in download list for Vostro 3700

I see there are downloads still in my download list from 2011 up to 2015. Should I download these or is it mute at this point? I thought I had updated everything in the past. Apparently, I bought the laptop running Windows XP. I don't remember XP at all. Just remember Win 7/Vista, and upgraded to the free rollout of Win 10 last year.

I did a repair install of Win 10 and device manager is showing drivers missing. I remember having Intel Graphic PCI Express Chipset on my computer but see it nowhere now. Do the missing (unknown) drivers have to do with this? Also had the intel update utility v 2.0.0.29 but that's missing and cannot find the correct download for that. Help? Before I totally break my computer doing something I don't know how to do? 

• 

16.7K Posts

May 10th, 2017 07:00

barb55,

The downloads for your computer are for the previous operating system. There are no Windows 10 drivers for your computer. The system also may not work as well with Windows 10 on it since there are no drivers available.  If you start seeing issues with your computer you may want to revert back to Windows 7.  Good Luck,Barb!!

August 7th, 2017 23:00

Hello all.  Here's a link to an unlocked A12 BIOS that has allowed Windows 10 installs to work.  Mostly with Win 7 drivers.  

I opted to still with Windows 7 64 bit, but I did update the bios to see is it would allow me to finally use the eSATA port.  After much trial and error and taking some chances with some newer Intel drivers, I can now watch video, surf the net and transfer from USB to eSATA (BlacX Thermaltake Duet) all at the same time with NO GLITCHES, hangs or noticeable performance issues.  Last things to get working are the USB 3.0 Expresscard and testing the use of both ports on the BlacX at the same time.  

forum.notebookreview.com/.../

I'll see what I can do to get a system config and driver version list, as well as my BIOS settings.  There are choices on the BIOS that I have no clue about still.  Highly recommended.  Feels like I got a new system.  

There's a BIOS recovery method in the thread and methods to get the 330M going.  AND recognition of sketchy BLUE TOOTH versions and recommended solutions.  Rule of thumb.... Do NOT do BIOS updates from within Windows.    GOOD LUCK.

No Events found!