Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 8th, 2015 05:00

Venue 11 Pro 5130 (32bit) - Camera not detected in Windows 10

(posted also here but probably should be in Win 10 forum instead)

After upgrading the Venue 11 Pro 5130 (32bit) to Windows 10 from 8.1, the cameras are not found at all. The camera app just reports an error it can't find a camera and that's it. Other apps that use the camera also do the same.

Device Manager however lists the device though as "intel imaging signal processor 2400" and no obvious issues there. Driver version 603.9600.1945.51302.

I note the Venue 11 is listed as tested in Windows 10.

Cameras were working before the upgrade (though note the issues I and many others have had out of the box with the 5130 and the Microsoft Camera app, but that was only the rear camera, worked with video option or panorama, never a problem with other apps, and only occurred after letting the device sleep and go into Connected Standby. Given I have disabled CS anyway due to the still not fixed issue with BIOS A10 and later that prevent it waking from CS then that problem has gone away).

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

August 9th, 2015 17:00

okay, think I've fixed it.

Uninstall 'Intel Imagine Signal Processor 2400', then install the following ...

Intel Atom Z3000 Series Chipset Driver - 603.9600.2067.27988, A00 (28 July 2015)

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=36NNM&fileId=3475160809&osCode=WT32A&productCode=dell-venue-11-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CS

It will say it's already installed or there are newer drivers, but install it anyway. Reboot, and finally cameras work.

End result it the camera driver is now 603.9600.1948.31252, different from what I had, but it insisted before I already had the same or newer drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

1 Message

October 17th, 2015 00:00

Thanks, the 603 chipset install resolved my camera issue after my windows 10 upgrade. My camera would crash in all applications before the upgrade. No issues after chipset installation.

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

August 29th, 2016 11:00

Update for Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This again cripples the camera.

The camera in device manager is now 'Intel AVStream Camera'.

Again, uninstall this, then install the Z3000 603 chipset driver, reboot, all fixed.

1 Message

December 9th, 2016 01:00

I succesfully fixed not working camera: uninstalled camera app (using powershell commands), deleted user profile from machine, reinstalled camera app.

After those also new users on tablet was able to use app.

1 Message

April 5th, 2017 21:00

I downloaded the chipset driver package and tried installing it on my Venue 11 running Windows 10, but after quite a long time a message came up that indicated it could not complete. I did save the log file, How do I attach it here?

1 Message

November 10th, 2017 10:00

Thank you. Finally, I have my camera and sound back. I was almost to the point of throwing this thing away. I have been through so many methods to resolve this, that it has been many months of reinstalling drivers and troubleshooting, with no resolution. If that ship had not sailed, I would have named my first born child after you, regardless of their gender.

1 Message

November 17th, 2019 09:00

That fixed my problem on the Venue Pro 8.

10 Posts

July 4th, 2022 15:00

I thought this would be my lifesaver but it didn't work.When restarting it said Windows wouldn't load an went into automatic repair.

I always get the camera not found screen - I nad the Dell tech went thru all the settings. He said it must be hardware - I replaced both cameras and it's still can find them. Also checked with another app and it had the same problem.

Also I didn't see the 'Intel Imagine Signal Processor 2400". I show Intel(R)AVstream camera.

162 Posts

August 18th, 2022 01:00

If you're using an external camera, try using it with a different USB port on your device first. If that doesn't work, or your camera is built in on your device, try this:

Select Start , type device manager, then select it from the search results.

Find your camera under Cameras, Imaging devices, or Sound, video and game controllers.

If you can't find your camera, select the Action menu, then select Scan for hardware changes.

Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your device, then open the Camera app again to test it.

If these steps don't fix your issue, continue to the next steps.

Roll back the camera driver
If your camera stopped working after an update, try these steps:

In Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) on your camera, then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Some drivers don’t provide this option. If your driver doesn’t have Roll Back Driver available, go ahead to the next fix.)

After the roll back is complete, restart your device, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, continue to the next steps.

Uninstall your camera driver and scan for hardware changes
In Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) on your camera, and then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, then select Uninstall Device. Select the check box for Attempt to remove the driver for this device, then select OK.

In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes.

Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

No Events found!