Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2016 02:00

What is the average boot time/average time to reach the login screen of Inspirion 15 5558 Win 10?

I have a Inspirion 15 5558,with i7, 8GB ram,1TB HDD,My average To reach the login screen was around 45 secs.

I was facing LCD issues, the technician came over and checked the LCD and pasted some stickers on i it so that it can be repaired later.

I found that its taking more than 4 minutes to reach the login screen.

When i contacted the technician he said it was an OS problem and that i should downgrade to 8 or 8.1

so if everyone can comment about their boot time it would be helpful in determining the problem.

Thank you 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 08:00

" I found that its taking more than 4 minutes to reach the login screen ".

:emotion-2:

I like to suggest you launch "Startup Repair" in Advanced Startup:

A) Type settings in the (Cortana) search bar, Update & Security, and then Recovery

B) Click Advanced Startup, and then " Restart Now "

C) Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and then Startup Repairs

I also like to suggest you check Startup in Task Manager.Please disable some of the programs that you don't want running in your startup.

A) Type Task Manager

B) Click Startup

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 09:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 09:00

" When i contacted the technician he said it was an OS problem and that i should downgrade to 8 or 8.1"

:emotion-2:

Dell doesn't provide windows 8 drivers for your computer. Please click on the link below, stroll down to "Change OS", and then click on it. You'll see there aren't any drivers for windows 8.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers/advanced

No Events found!