Start a Conversation

Unsolved

GM

2 Posts

October 24th, 2019 16:00

Who is Drago? And can I get rid of him?

Just setting up my third Dell desktop in 15 years. Windows 10. XPS 8930

I'm in there as administrator. But it doesn't seem to be my computer.

There's a user in there called Drago. (I'm Genghis, not Drago - a far better name!) The computer is even called "Drago's computer"

Was it a computer sent back by another customer? I'm not unhappy with it. I just need to know that if I delete this user I'm not going to lock myself out of the computer.

How best to proceed?

Genghis.

Screenshot (1).png

4 Operator

• 

3.2K Posts

October 24th, 2019 17:00

If you go to 'All settings' then 'Accounts' then 'Family & other users' you should be able to see all users under "Other users". If the 'Drago' account is there you can click on it and select 'Remove' to delete the account. If this is a new Dell, I would call them and complain. Whether your computer is new or refurbished it should have been sent from Dell to you in factory fresh condition with no previous accounts.

October 24th, 2019 19:00

I tried that. Drago doesn't appear on the list of users. Screen shot below.

I suspect that the folder and the file are "leftovers". But from bitter past experience I'm reluctant to delete a user folder that may stop me signing back in.

Screenshot (2).png

October 24th, 2019 22:00

This usually happens when you buy a display model...but the store is suppose to reset the computer for you before it leaves the store. How do I know? Because I just bought a display model at Costco and our friend Drago was the account admin. The Costco sales staff knew a procedure to remove that and set up the computer as though it was out of the box. I wish I had paid attention. You might contact a Costco store and ask them how you do it or maybe someone here knows?

Mike

4 Operator

• 

3.2K Posts

October 25th, 2019 04:00

You can delete the user folder Drago, since there is no longer an user account for that user. You may encounter a problem deleting that folder if it is locked and you don't have access. When the user account was delete, the person deleting it should have selected the option to remove all folders associated with the account instead of just removing the account. In case the folder is locked when you try to delete it, you can try the solution at the end of this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/113049-deleted-user-but-folder-remains-its-locked-how-delete.html

If you are uncomfortable doing this, just leave the folder alone, it takes up little space and does no harm.

No Events found!