Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

November 23rd, 2017 06:00

Win 10 Spotlight not working

10 day old Inspiron 7570.

How to enable Spotlight? (ie; the pretty pictures that automatically change every time you log in that you can 'like' and 'dont like').

Currently i have lock screen background set to "Picture". I go to Settings -> Lock Screen. At 'Background' i select "Windows Spotlight", but when i exit and then come back to check on it and it reverts back to "Picture".  What else do i need to change?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 27th, 2017 08:00

Hi petp,

Thanks for posting.

Your question does not indicate which version of Windows 10 you have.  Here is some information from Microsoft you may find helpful.  http://del.ly/6597DDSOZ

7 Posts

November 27th, 2017 09:00

Win 10 Home ver. 1709.

I tried that already and it reverts back to "picture"

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2017 08:00

How about this?

7 Posts

December 1st, 2017 13:00

Was working with Dell chat and after 2 hours or so they couldnt figure it out either. So they created a new user, checked on that and Spotlight was working for that user account, so they said my user account must be corrupted and i could either reinstall windows or use the new account if i want spotlight. either way i would lose all my data.

Dont know how a simple function like that wont work on a brand new computer but whatever...im installing a SSD soon (since dell only offers the 7570 with a hdd), and when i do i'll reinstall windows from the recovery drive i created when i first got this computer and start from scratch.

Thanks for replying though

No Events found!