Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2015 11:00

Win10 upgrade failure - Dell XPS13 - 512GB SSD - UK

Experienced the same as everyone else I am  afraid. I.e. no joy with the Win10 upgrade, providing the following message, after very slow progress in over 42 hours of trying to upgrade, only getting to 29% complete in the end: "Cannot be installed on this hardware".

Very frustrating indeed, as the XPS13 512GB SSD was clearly advertised to come with the Win10 upgrade and be a Win10 machine. You would have thought someone would have tested this before advertising and releasing it on. I state 'was advertised', because at the time of posting this message, the 512GB option is no longer available and the XPS 13 only comes as a 256GB option on the UK website http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-13-9343-laptop/pd?oc=cnx4314. The same applies to the US site as well: http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9343-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC.

Have Dell now stopped selling/shipping the 512GB model, because they now acknowledge that there is a major issue? Surely that also means that all of us out there that have got an incompatible machine should be in line for a swift resolution and indeed a swapping out of the incompatible hard drive as a minimum, or swapping out of the machine all together to be replaced with one that will work?!?

The apparent apathy of Dell in the UK regarding this matter, as indicated in this forum, worries me somewhat, but hopefully we will all experience great customer service that you would expect to go along with the purchase of a top of the range machine from a reputable company like Dell, wherever we may be.

I have reached out to Colin to see if he can help moving things along with our local UK reps to ensure that we all  have a great experience. From what I hear, Colin is very good and in times like these, companies need people like Colin and I sincerely hope that Dell recognises that.

I will let you know how we progress ... watch this space!

No Responses!
No Events found!