Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2018 17:00

Windows 10 1803 and Dell ImageAssist Image creation issue

I have created my company's SOE on Dell OptiPlex 7050 (Mini PC) with Windows 10 version 1803. I have removed some of unwanted Windows Apps and installed with the company's applications and that includes Trend Micro antivirus. I have set up RunOnce batchfile which has to run PowerScript to set up the correct StartBar and StartLayout.With this SOE system, I created Dell image wim file using Dell ImageAssist Image creation program. I have set up 3 Automatic login for Administrator account when it is restored.

When I restored Dell Image using Dell created WinPE USB back to the same PC and also to some other Laptop/PC, the restored system has issue when booting up. The system initially boots up normally and shutdown and restarts and it seems to configure the system with message coming up Opening and followed by Welcome message and at this stage it has an issue and it cannot proceed further and it seems to stuck with this message.

At this stage if I forcefully shutdown the PC and restart the PC, the system comes back with normal operation and runs RunOnce batch file and completes all set up. There is no issue afterwards.

I have tested the same source code on legacy MBR  boot system as well as setting up UEFI boot system (After correctly setting up GPT partition with correct EFI, MSR and Windows partitions). The result is same when Image is restored on the PC.

August 28th, 2018 18:00

Finally, I have been  able to resolve this issue. It took me a great deal of efforts to find out the reason while Windows 10 1803 Dell restore Image hangs when it boots up with screen message "Opening" / "Welcome". But if you forcefully shutdown the system and reboots it boots up normally.

On Windows 10 Version 1803, you can NOT select the option "Copy Administrator profile to Default profile" during Dell Image creation with ImageAssist.

Now there is another issue. It is configured with Standard desktop for new user. I have been able to change Start Layout and taskbar. But still I need to remove Mail Apps Icon from Taskbar.  The Desktop background configured through BGInfo.

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 01:00

Hi,

I have the same issue with 1803 but I didn't select the option "Copy Administrator profile to Default profile".

I selected the option "Enable local administrator account".

I sometimes (edit: )always get stuck on the "Welcome" screen after login, with local Admin and another domain session.

I can log in in to safe mode.

I checked the Restore_Tool.log but didn't find a problem, maybe I missed it.

What can I do?

Edit: the issue was.... Kaspersky installed during post deployment script  :Angry:

No Events found!