Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2018 08:00

Windows 10 Dell Digital Delivery re-install

Hi all,

I have a Dell pc and laptop that came with Windows 7 installed and Windows 10 License.

I recently wiped out the Windows 7 on both and did a clean install of Windows 10.  The problem I am having is I can't reinstall the Dell Digital Delivery program on either device.  It gives an error during the install stating it don't have enough access rights to start the delivery service and cant finish the install.  I am local admin and run install as admin, have tried different versions of the Delivery service but none install.  Have no third party antivirus installed.

Any assistance welcome on how to install, Thanks.

7 Posts

February 16th, 2018 14:00

OK finally figured it out.

For anybody interested, apparently Dell Digital Delivery requires .Net 3.5 installed to work.   Adding .Net 3.5 to Windows 10 should just be a matter on adding it as a feature in add/remove programs but that was not the case with my PC.  It failed on install (seems to be a common problem) so I ended up downloading  a Windows 10 ISO and mounting it and running this command; DISM  /Online  /Enable-Feature  /FeatureName:NetFx3  /All  /LimitAccess  /Source:x:\sources\sxs.
After that I could install the Dell Digital delivery and download and install my software purchases (although it did not activate like it did originally.)  

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 20th, 2018 08:00

Downloading .NET 3.5 from Microsoft is very easy https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

February 23rd, 2021 10:00

Thank you!

No Events found!