Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2015 14:00

Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Everyone -

Needing your help with my situation. I have been dealing the issue on my laptop, it has been running Windows 10 for 4 months until the other day my pc won't boot and I have received the error: Preparing automatic repair (In a loop) and goes black screen after. After trying some fixes like checking if it's a hardware failure or issue. The error turns into: Preparing automatic repair and goes on a recovery error.

Please help to fix my laptop.

Would appreciate your assistance!

• 

16.7K Posts

December 9th, 2015 09:00

lanas2213                                                                                     

Please post the system model that you are having this issue on. You can click the link below for information on possibly resolving this issue.

10 Posts

December 9th, 2015 16:00

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for looking into this. Here's the model of my Laptop: Dell XPS L502X

Just an additional information as well. I have tried to do a inplace upgrade and clean installation yet neither of the two worked (tried it using a USB & DVD). The system will show the option for the clean installation/inplace upgrade yet just for few seconds and it will turn into black screen. The laptop can't really boot up.

1 Message

December 11th, 2015 08:00

The automatic repair loop error might be caused by corrupted registry file, missing critical system files on hard drive, or corrupted MBR, DBR, or BCD. Check out the following article and I hope you can find the solution that works with your computer.

Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7

• 

16.7K Posts

December 11th, 2015 08:00

lanas2213,

Unfortunately, you need the Windows 10 drivers for this system and there are none.

10 Posts

December 11th, 2015 11:00

Hi Darinmo,

Appreciate your help, unfortunately the link or the fix that you have provided is not possible here on our end since when we were trying to do clean installation nor inplace upgrade it won't even give us the option to “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" or any menu.

10 Posts

Hello Jesse -

For the link that you've given: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8U-bWQ8tqY it seems that we won't be able to do that fix since we can't get to the "Advanced Options Menu" and we can't even get to any menu.

What specific Win10 driver are you referring to? If the system doesn't have Windows10 Driver for our system, why did my laptop worked for 4 months on Win10?

Do you have other resolution/fix that we can try on? Or the only option is to go back with our previous Operating system?

10 Posts

Jesse-

What specific driver are you referring to? And if there's no Win10 drivers for our system, why did it worked for 4 months?

Do you have other fixes that we can try on? Or the only option to have my PC up and running is to go back with our previous OS?

10 Posts

Jesse L,

For the link that you have provided https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8U-bWQ8tqY it isn't an option for us to try since we can't get to any menus.

If there are no drivers for the laptop model that I have why did it worked on Win10 for 4 months? What resolution or alternate resolution can you provide?

And if there is no Win10 drivers for my system now.., is there a possibility that there will be an available in the coming months/ future?

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

December 11th, 2015 14:00

And if there's no Win10 drivers for our system, why did it worked for 4 months?

Probably because a Windows 10 update "broke" your PC. 

10 Posts

December 17th, 2015 11:00

Any fixes that you can recommend?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 11:00

Please click on the link below. You should see Dell haven't list any windows 10 drivers for your computer.  

www.dell.com/.../advanced

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 12:00

Since you already downloaded windows 10 and work for 4 months, well ....let give it a try.....

A)

1.Disconnect all Peripherals from computer. Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop and the wall socket

2. Remove the battery from the laptop

3. Press and hold in the "Power On " button for 15 seconds then release

4. Replace the battery

5. Plug the AC adapter into the wall socket, then the laptop

6. Press the "Power On" button. Hopefully your computer start normally 

If step A doesn't work try ...

B)

1. Reseat the Coin-Cell battery in the laptop. Click on the link below(manual - page37) for instructions:

downloads.dell.com/.../xps-l502x_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 13:00

:emotion-2:

Lastly, if you like to reinstall windows 10, you can download it from the Microsoft website.

EDIT:

Microsoft.com: If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10 using a USB or DVD, you can use the media creation tool below to create your own installation media with either a USB flash drive or a DVD. The tool provides file formats optimized for download speed and can be used to create ISO files.

ReadMore....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

10 Posts

December 17th, 2015 16:00

Hi LSUFAN51,

Thanks for the time that you've given to send us some fixes that we can try on. Thou we have already tried to do the "Power Cycle" yet didn't worked.

For the "Reseat the Coin-Cell battery in the laptop" - we haven't tried that yet and hopefully it will work.

PS: We already tried to do "In-place upgrade / Clean Installation of Win10" but the option/menu for the installation process will just appear for few seconds and will go back in Black Screen after.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2015 17:00

:emotion-2:

When you power on the computer,does tapping the F2(BIOS) and F12( diagnostics) keys work ? Do you hear a series of beeps ? Any noise coming from the laptop or screen ?

By the way, you might as well buy a new Coin-Cell battery at the local dollar store or Walmart for about $3.00. 

No Events found!