Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 11:00

Windows 10 - Sleep mode problem

Hello everybody, I have a problem with new Microsoft OS.
When I open the lid of my laptop, the screen remains black and I must do a hard reset with power button.

Whan can I do? Thanks in advance.

371 Posts

August 13th, 2015 12:00

what machine are u using?

3 Posts

August 13th, 2015 13:00

I have got a Dell Inspiron 5748

August 14th, 2015 13:00

Have you updated to the latest BIOS and Graphics drivers for your system?

Can you also provide that information?

3 Posts

August 14th, 2015 14:00

I have updated all drivers and the firmware of BIOS too. I don't know how can I solve the problem.

371 Posts

August 14th, 2015 16:00

when u upgraded , if u downloaded and installed the Intel Rapid Storage file. that is most likely ur problem. but u have a different machine then mine. but here is a copy of msg i posted on other boards that solved that problem for people with the 3542 model.. so, ck ur installed programs and see if u have these.

this is a copy of the post i answered from some one else, had the same problem..

my problem was from the Intel Rapid Storage , 

yes Martinkit, that is exactly what happened to my laptop, the same as what u experienced with the power problem.

as i said in post

go to Control Panel

on bottom left side, click uninstall program

there are 3 programs to uninstall

Intel rapid storage (i think it will say, have to stop program first before uninstall - click yes) and think it asks to restart system, just go ahead and click yes)

intel management - something or other (cant remember the exact name, but its the only one titled like that)

intel security assist  - (also cant remember the exact name - but the only one with a name like that)

on my laptop 3542 , after uninstalling those 3 program there is only one program left made by intel and that is the graphics , obviously , u do NOT want to uninstall that

1 Message

October 4th, 2015 12:00

This worked for me.  Thanks.  Inspiron 5748 upgraded to Win 10.  Laptop would hang instead of going to sleep requiring forced shut down with the power button and then full start up from there.

1 Message

February 14th, 2018 05:00

Does this really work,I have the same problem and my loptop is inspiron 14. I am afraid something bad might happen haha!

No Events found!