Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2018 08:00

Windows 10 activation fails for my new Dell G7 15 machine

HI all,

I have purchased a new Dell G7 15 gaming series machine. Product activation for Windows 10 fails because of the following error:

"We can't activate WIndows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. Error code: 0xC004C003".

I am supposed to have a valid digital license as stated on my BOM - requesting your help/suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance for the help !!

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 25th, 2018 11:00

Yes you do have a valid license. I know MS had some problems with their activation servers 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was supposed to be fixed. The problem may be back. Follow the link below. If that does not work, I would be contacting MS for help. I believe when it comes to the OS, Dell will pass the responsibility back to MS.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/09/reactivate-windows-10-and-fix-error-0xc004c003/

November 25th, 2018 22:00

HI JOcean, As mentioned in the article, the troubleshooting did not work at first but after some time, my Windows 10's digital license got validated by itself - a bit weird but works fine.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 26th, 2018 05:00

Good to hear. MS has had their share of problems of late. The 1809 disaster of course but their activation server was taking already activated copies of Windows 10 Pro, downgrading the license to Windows 10 Home, then not activating because users had the license for Pro and not Home. That was a lot of fun.

No Events found!