Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2017 04:00

Windows 10 does not indicates when an USB drive has connected

Previously if I plugged in an USB key or external HD, an information message window appeared at the bottom right corner (like when I safely remove it), which shows the name of the device and the drive letter. But since a few week it didn't appear.

The devices otherwise connected well, I can find them in the File manager or in the This computer, and the icon also appears well on the tray to safely remove the devices.

Is there any setting to set it back? Could I select accidentally a "don't show this again?" option which caused this? I tried it on other computers and asked other users, but only the safe remove icon appears on other machines. This could be a Dell feature, how can it be configure?

Of course it is not a crucial thing, just I am interested in what could happened.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 7th, 2017 06:00

SOLYOM,

Uninstall the chipset drivers and reboot the computer. Once back up reinstall the chipset drivers. Test your Devices.

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

4 Posts

December 8th, 2017 10:00

Do you think about these three chipset drivers, necessary to reinstall all of them?

Intel AMT HECI (ME) - Driver
Intel Chipset Device Software Driver
Realtek USB Memory Card Reader Driver

This is a known problem and solution? Because Microsoft support suggest to reinstalling the USB drivers, which didn't help.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 11th, 2017 04:00

SOLYOM ,

You will need to install the Intel Chipset and the Realtek USB Memory Card Reader Drivers.

No Events found!