Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2016 14:00

Windows 10 update fail - no bootable device - xps2720 HELP!

My computer did the automated windows 10 update. I shut down the computter for the day. Turned it on this morning and it wouldn't let me log on. After trying various alternatives, I did access my desktop but then to have it go to a screen that says "no bootable device strike the f1 key to retry booy, f2 to run the setup utility"

Can anyone help me?!?! Please!!#

• 

16.7K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 06:00

adaysdream,

Did you change the settings in the system bios? If so, and your computer supports Intel Rapid Start Technology and  Smart Response Technology. If the system is in ATA (or IDE) mode, Rapid Start cannot be configured until the mode is changed to AHCI mode or RAID on mode (or in some system BIOS menus, this mode may be called Smart Response mode or Rapid Start mode).
The Intel Rapid Start Technology driver and application package is optional on some systems. It can enhance the resume performance of Rapid Start if the system supports it. If the system supports the Rapid Start software enhancements, the self-extracting executable file will be available for download from the Dell Support website.
Smart Response and Rapid Start may coexist on some systems. Rapid Start configuration must take place AFTER Smart Response configuration. Smart Response configuration may erase the SSD device, including Rapid Start partition information.
If you do not know if any bios boot settings were changed you can set press the F9 key in the bios to set the factory defaults. 

You can click the link below for information on changing the bios settings with UEFI/SECURE BOOT

Disable Legacy Boot Mode and Enable UEFI

No Events found!