Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 18th, 2016 23:00

XPS 8700 Intel AMT Windows 10 driver issues?

Hey all,

I've had to leave Intel Management Engine Interface disabled for awhile now due to ongoing driver/compatibility issues in Windows 10.

I've tried re-installing several different Intel AMT driver versions now including DELL support recommended 11.0.0.1153.

After reboot the system just hangs on DELL loading screen for about 2min before finally loading desktop then upon checking device manager Intel MEI shows the below error:

The error is a code 10 (STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE).

Checking Event Viewer is full of warnings and errors from source MEIx64:

The Intel(R) Management Engine Interface is being reset.

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware

My system will no longer resume from sleep either after hitting 'Esc' key just ends up rebooting which I'm pretty certain is also related...rather annoying to say the least having to always shutdown when not in use.

• 

17K Posts

October 19th, 2016 10:00

Canucks4life,

Update the bios as well as the hard drive firmare in the computer. Check to see if the

Below information that may help resolve this error.

OS installation on systems with mSATA module.
When reinstalling the OS on the XPS 8700, field service technicians should ensure that they follow these steps to ensure that they can install the OS without any issue:

Ensure SATA Mode is set to RAID or in some systems Intel Smart Response Technology in the setup.
Tap Ctrl+I to enter the RAID BIOS and disable the accelerate option for the SSD.
Initiate the OS reinstall. Follow it up by installing all the drivers including the Intel Rapid Storage Software.
Run the Intel Rapid Storage software through all programs or the taskbar icon.
Click Enable acceleration under the Status or Accelerate menu.

Select the SSD to be used as a cache device.
Select the size from the SSD to be allocated for the cache memory. A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
Any remaining space on the SSD may be used for data storage using the simple data single-disk RAID 0 volume that is automatically created.
Select the drive (or RAID volume) to be accelerated. It is highly recommended to accelerate the system volume or system disk for maximum performance.
Select the acceleration mode. By default, Enhanced mode is selected. A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
Enhanced mode: Acceleration is optimized for data protection.
Maximized mode: Acceleration is optimized for input/output performance. Click OK. The page refreshes and reports the new acceleration configuration in the Acceleration View. Your system is now successfully configured with the Intel Smart Response Technology.

No Events found!