Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2020 13:00

XPS 8940 Windows 10 Pro Installation

I recieved 2 new XPS 8940 towers which came with Windows 10 Home edition, I tried upgrading from Home to Pro with a license key I got but it kept failing, I'm trying to install the Windows 10 Pro using an old ISO I have but when I get into the Windows Setup screen I can't find a a drive. 

Anyone know how to install windows 10 on the new XPS 8940 or know where to find the drivers?

2 Intern

• 

410 Posts

October 24th, 2020 14:00

try downloading the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver f6flpy-x64.zip from here

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29647/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-Installation-Software-with-Intel-Optane-Memory?product=55005

unzip the file and put the folder on the root of your win 10 usb media. when the install asks for drivers point to the floppy folder you put on the usb drive

I suggest to you that your pc has a win 10 home key embedded in bios so your resulting install may well turn out to be the home edition. best way I've found for the upgrade is to put the retail pro key in settings>update and security>activation>change product key.

• 

25.7K Posts

October 23rd, 2020 13:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

1 Rookie

• 

513 Posts

October 25th, 2020 13:00

@jcinse001 

There should be an option in updates for Anytime Upgrade. I am not 100% sure though because I use Windows 10 pro. But you would open that then type your product key. That is how I done in in Windows 7 Home Premium.

No Events found!