Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2019 04:00

AW3420DW, AWCC, connection problem

I just got my AW3420DW and Aurora R9 on a pretty good black friday deal. Everything's fine except light control on the AW3420DW. No matter what I do there's no monitor showing in AWCC. I tried reinstall everything from here and all other methods I can find online, nothing changed. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Really need some help, thanks.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2020 03:00

I write again to indicate the solution. Although I received a private message from someone from DELL indicating that the problem is that it is no longer possible to manage the lighting of the monitor from AWCC. It has given me to try to connect the USB cable that comes with the monitor (which was not connected because I did not intend to use the USB ports of the monitor) and this solved the problem. So if you want to use FX light management in AWCC, you must connect the USB cable supplied with the monitor!

Per page 47 in the online AW3420DW User's Guide =
"Ensure that the supplied USB cable is connected to both the Alienware monitor and the computer."

Capture.JPG

2 Posts

January 19th, 2020 03:00

The same here. I have the Alienware Area-51m and the Command Center detects it well. However, the AW3420DW does not appear to me and I can only adjust its lights from the AW3420DW itself. However, when I enter the FX section at the top left it makes me that there are two devices connected. I have reinstalled everything several times and it remains the same. Windows recognizes me and identifies the AW3420DW without errors and at first glance everything works correctly. But it still doesn't appear in the AWCC.

February 20th, 2020 16:00

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this!  I just unboxed my AW3420DW and AWCC kept telling me there were no AlienFX devices connected, even after a reboot. I saw your post and plugged in the USB cable. That kicked off some sort of brief setup that prompted me to reboot when it was complete. After the reboot, I was able to access an FX menu in AWCC and change the colors!

No Events found!