Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2015 22:00

problems with Inspiron 15 5547 problems entering sleep mode in windows 10

I have a clean install of windows 10 and installed all the dell drivers, but have a problem with the laptop entering sleep mode, where it seems to crash/freeze when enetering suspend. The screen turns off but the keyboard illumination and fan remains going. The only way to get out of it is to force a reboot. The event log shows nothing. The thing is it sometimes does it and sometimes doesn't.

The only suspect thing in the event logs is the following, but it used to have this same error in window 8.

Event 37, Kernel-Processor-Power

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The only software I have installed is a clean install of office 2010 and adobe cs5.5

13 Posts

October 20th, 2015 03:00

i was facing the same problem after i did clean installation of windows 10. The problem was actually video driver which was automatically installed by windows 10. i downloaded video driver from Dell's Official product page and now everything is fine after installing it.

No Events found!