Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2015 13:00

" the bi--parallax win 10 upgrade review " ~ (( a must read )) ~

((( Sub-title :  if it ain't broke ~ why fix it )))

we go back a few weeks in time ... a proposed decision in front of me - should I go for it - after all it's 'free' - I could use something so great, so cool, so 2016 ... so I had decided to jump on the bandwagon as so many others have when u first hear of all the hype of 'how great' this new operating system is being issued from Microsoft for "FREE" ... it does this & it'll do that - it has this & comes with that ... BUT ... what Microsoft DOES NOT inform anyone of is about ... "all the incompatibility issues u may or WILL receive for free" that tag along with the upgrade - (that once u install you're "simply screwed") !

Yea sure there's a 'few' nice things that show on the new system BUT the incompatibility list is far longer & weighs much heavier a burden on your prized equipment that the wordage of "FREE" will simply disappear in the long run.   

I myself took the leap ... made sure all was well with updates, etc. in everything & everywhere possible & took the plunge ... upgraded 2 few year old Inspiron desktops that were operating perfectly on Win 7 ... had them both loaded with good software (alot of it branded Microsoft) might I add.  The leap began a couple weeks ago when I decided 'what the hay' go for it - I even ran the diagnostic test offered thru Dell support for the upgrade & quickly passed !!!  (lol)  So I opted to try it out on one of the Inspirons here (the older of the 2). All went well the very first day - checking everything out & setting up the screens ... seemed ok ... I was left with those thoughts over the first few days so I opted to install it on the other. All as so - so good up until the end of the first week that is ... until I went back to doing normal routine PC stuff.  First I noticed some odd goings on in Exploder 11 then a few lil glitches in Outlook emails ... Adobe Photoshop & Reader startup issues ... noticed a few changes to my 'Big K' Kaspersky TS Anti-Virus setup too ... (should I hate to go on with the memories of the past few days since it went on & only compiled as the days went by ?!?  The time waste of searching for answers & trying fixes for the unsurmountable crapola that was brewing on that first renewed PC  swung onto & over to the other ... same patterns ... until total disaster ... *** - Microsoft !!!!!  Sad to say the second latter Inspiron is no longer in service today ... it blue-screened out yesterday ... a  "non-fatal" but horrid enough that I'll have to re-install a clean new operating system - (7 it will be). The cause of the blue-screen ... After calls to Microsoft & the Big K I was left with no resort but to revert back to Win 7 (which u "supposedly" can do by simply going to the security deal in either 'settings' or 'control panel' - the link is already there to "rewind back to Win 7") ... there's no prior test, no words of any issues that may take place in doing so except that Microsoft recommends u back up your files & settings just in case u lose anything.  AND what happens - I did more than lose anything .. Win 7 refused to restart once the change was made due to 'a possible missing device or change in startup'.  Tried several different attempts - only to fail - it would make it to the Window login screen & immediately freeze in safe mode - normal mode wouldn't even get that far.  Call to Microsoft - well u hafta call Dell support - Dell 'let's try a few things" - all to only fail. The only positive - non-fatal - PC parts 100% & operational - and not caused by any infections (Big K did it's job - Microsoft 'nay' - Dell so-so but did offer a free disc to re-install 7 ... i state so-so since the PC "passed" that Win 10 diagnosis test ... u have to wonder "why did it do so" ...............................................

Hey - I didn't change anything & that PC was rebooted a few times earlier that day for updates, etc. - no issues with startup or any devices - why so not then all h*ll & hi-mighty Mr. Gates ... *** !!! 

All I can say is - the old adage rings so true here .......

" IF IT AIN'T BROKE ... DON'T FIX IT " !!!    

What was wrong with Win 95 that we needed 98 ... 98 was so bad we needed 2000 ... that went to sh*t so we really needed that worse-off 'Milleneum' (what a joke that was) ... so we then got a taste of something good before Microsoft bit the old bullet to PC h*ll by giving us XP to play with - still the best behind '7' ... but that wasn't good enuff so we had to move on to '7' (yaaaah - stop here) "no we need to make mo money" ... lets go back a few rungs of the ladder & try '8' - that *** so better give em '10' - & push it for FREE (hey ges what - nothings ever free my dear comrades) - Win 10 is worse than Milleneum ever could be !!!!!

No Responses!
No Events found!