Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2013 20:00

System won't sleep after upgrading to win 8.1

My Inspiron 14z  5423 won' sleep after upgrading to win 8.1.

All drivers updated. Bios updated to A13.

Helprequired!!!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 21st, 2013 01:00

Hi yester,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the graphics card device under Display adapter and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 23:00

Hi RAVI

I have followed your instructions and now my AMD RADEON HD 7570M driver is at version 13.151.0.0 dated of 8/19/2013.

Unfortunately, it did not help!

The display is going to sleep after the set-up time in the power options but the computer won't sleep after the requested period.

I had run the powercfg /energy utility and came with one bothering message:

"Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer." 

I would have sent you the entire report if there was an "add file" option in this messaging utility.

I would appreciate very much if you could continue to try and help me with this issue.

Regards,

Y. Seter

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 28th, 2013 21:00

Hi yseter,

I would suggest you refresh the system and check if it fixes the issue.

1. Plug in the AC adapter.

2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.

3. Click Settings.

4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.

5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’

6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.

7. Use the Refresh option and then check if it fixes the issue.

4 Posts

December 1st, 2013 21:00

Hi! Ravi

I have performed the refresh which actually rolled me back to Win8.0 and the computer went to sleep Like A Baby after the predetermined time. This matches my previous knowledge aboutcomputer behavior.

Do you have any suggestions BEFORE I upgrade again to Win8.1?

Thank you for the support

Regards,

Y.Seter

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 6th, 2013 00:00

Hi yseter,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you to update to Windows 8.1 operating system on the system and refer to the video in the link below for correct order for installing the drivers on the computer.

http://dell.to/18LnbPL

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!