Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2013 22:00

windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5

is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/1423.zzzzzz-pichunter_2800_342_2900_.jpg

just like this photo...

recovery cant... refresh also cant...

November 8th, 2014 09:00

How can I obtain the Windows 8.0 Reinstallation DVD?

3 Posts

November 12th, 2014 10:00

i called support but pc is out of warranty and they want 160.00 to fix the issue...its a scam to make money

im not happy with dell.

Billy

255 Posts

November 12th, 2014 12:00

Billyblaze,

Haven't seen a post from you on this thread before.  What specific issue are you having?

Thanks,

3 Posts

November 13th, 2014 04:00

the same issues with dell data safe backup...i upgraded to 8.1 and im having issues with the upgrade...i cant restore my laptop back to win 8 or update the dell data safe backup program...so my recovery is gone...you would think dell would release a fix for there program but instead they want to charge u.

im not too happy

Billy

255 Posts

November 14th, 2014 08:00

Billyblaze,

Are you sure it's "Dell DataSafe"?  We have not shipped that program in a while as it was replaced by "Dell Backup and Recovery".  You should still be able to access the recovery environment and restore your factory image.  You can a) hard reset (hold the power button until the system shuts off) two or three times in a row and Windows should auto failover to the recovery environment, or b) boot to Windows, hold down the "shift" key while clicking restart to get to the recovery environment.

This assumes you have not re-imaged the system or deleted the recovery partition.  It's always a good idea to back up your data before restoring your original factory image.

Thanks,

2 Posts

November 16th, 2014 11:00

Thanks NATAKUC4 this guide help me my win is activated and everything working fine 

3 Posts

November 17th, 2014 02:00

sorry it was Dell Backup and Recovery...lol i didnt delete the factory image but i made another backup with a different program...i will try what you posted.

Thank you

BIlly

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2014 06:00

Error 0xc0000001 indicates and attempt to Clone an encrypted drive. You can’t do this with windows 8. You also cannot change the boot from secure boot to MBR. EFI systems require GPT partitions.

23 Posts

November 17th, 2014 22:00

i had try this solution, but no solve my problem, even i burn it to pendrive and try to reinstall windows, progressing setup and then automatic restore to my previous windows...

23 Posts

November 20th, 2014 11:00

hi bothering you again, now I had reset my laptop but I lose all my dell application for example quickset which using fn function key.....

where can I download it? my laptop model is 5421t- 33452g.... pls tell me what application should I install...I had no idea...thanks

255 Posts

November 20th, 2014 12:00

Francisw,

All drivers and downloads are available at www.dell.com/support. There are several ways to get the drivers and downloads for your specific system on that page. You can put in your service tag, it can scan your system, or you can find your specific model manually.  Be sure to choose the right OS.

Thanks,

23 Posts

November 21st, 2014 04:00

thanks for your links,asking another issue....

boot priority 1# is put os first or windows boot manager first?

2 Posts

November 28th, 2014 18:00

That could only be the next part. Fact is that user have not the chance to do that, because reinstallation failed with the factory error 5. Maybe with an good Installation your described path would work well.

January 23rd, 2015 06:00

@DELL-David F:

No updates anymore ??? Your last post was again 2 months ago...

Did you solve the issue with Dell Backup and Recovery ???

Or was I´m right when I said that Dell will never solve this problem (or never wanted to) ???

255 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 07:00

VeryDisappointedUser,

Of course I am interested in solving this problem and any other that impacts the programs I am responsible for.  We been testing this functionality (over and over) across 100's of systems and have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Since this is not a systemic issue (I.e. there are litterally 10s of millions of Dell Backup and Recovery users out there who are not having this problem) it would be impossible for us to know the specific reason why this is happening on your PC without either having it here in our lab or getting some very specific information and log files from your device.

I have a guide that will help you collect the data we need, if you are willing and feel comfortable doing so.  Problem is, I can't post it for the general user base and I don't think you would want to post your sytem logs here either.

That said, please add me as a freind on this forum so we can engage privately on the matter (that goes for anyone else on this thread that would be willing to help us troubleshoot).

Thanks,

No Events found!