Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2009 12:00

0x0000c1f5 error code blue screen

I have a Dell Dimension desktop with the blue screen. I am an average pc user and not too technical. Does anyone have an answer to how I might fix this problem?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 29th, 2009 12:00

This is a Microsoft Problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946084

When you start a Windows Vista-based computer, you receive the following Stop error message on a blue screen:

0x0000C1F5
This issue occurs because the Common Log File System (Clfs.sys) driver does not fix the $TxfLog file when the file is corrupted. In addition to the Stop error message, Windows Vista may not start during startup until the offending disk is removed from the computer.
You have to reformat and reinstall
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods.

Method 1

If you have multiple disks installed, and the disk on which the $TxfLog file is corrupted does not contain Windows Vista, remove the offending disk from the computer.

Method 2

If you have only one disk installed, and if you have access to Windows XP or Windows 2000 installation media, restart the computer by using the Windows XP or Windows 2000 installation media.
Next, format the offending disk, and then reinstall Windows Vista.

Note Microsoft is working on a fix to prevent this problem.
APPLIES TO
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows Vista Home Basic
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
  • Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition

11 Posts

February 28th, 2011 10:00

what if you don't have windows xp or windows 2000 installation? Can't get past the blue screen. Nothing work!!! Can't even get to reformatting the disk!!! am running windows vista 64 bit on a dell studio 1735 laptop.

No Events found!