Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2003 14:00

Analog Devices / Soundmax Drivers

I'm trying to locate Windows 98SE drivers for the Analog Devices /  Sound Max integrated audio that was recently shipped with my Dimension 4600. I want to configure a dual boot system, and I need the drivers so Win 98SE will recognize the audio. My current OS is Windows XP.  Any assistance with this matter will be appreciated.

Message Edited by B.Starr on 09-25-2003 06:24 PM

1.3K Posts

September 23rd, 2003 16:00

B.Starr,

I'm really sorry but Dell doesn't have any Windows 98 drivers for that system.  We never installed or tested Windows 98 on it.  Let's keep the message posted and see if anybody out there has information on where to find the drivers.

17 Posts

September 23rd, 2003 22:00

B.Starr, good news, I researched the Real Tek 97 on my search engine, and came up with the following: http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/891.htm  This will bring you to the real tek downloading site, which has the AC97 drivers for 98 as well as XP. The 98 Drivers are in Zip file format, if you have winzip you will have no difficulty opening it if not, you can go to: http://www.winzip.com and load an eval version of winzip 8.1 which will open the zip file. Pleasure to assist you. Hi Mike, you should have known, I would find the answer even though it is an outsource, but Avance made the Sound max program, but they sold to Real Tek. You can forward this to ohters who also need the same set of drivers, which cover all the windows family operating systems. You can use internet explorer, on Msn's home page, type in Real Tek in the search Bar of the homepage, click on search, and look about in the middle of the search page for Real Tek sound drivers.

Message Edited by JenDScot on 09-23-2003 06:26 PM

Message Edited by JenDScot on 09-23-2003 06:28 PM

7 Posts

September 24th, 2003 04:00

Thankyou, Mike & JenDScot:

JenDScot, You are indeed a lifesaver!

B. Starr

2 Posts

April 14th, 2004 00:00

I have a similar question I wonder if anoyone can help me with.  my sound was perfectly fine and then I moved to a new apartment.  Now the sound is choppy and clips.........I took the computer apart and checked all the boards to make sure they had not loosened in the move.  NOthing changed.  So then I went to update my drivers and the drivers that Dell lists do not match with the SoundMAX card that came with my computer from the factory.  So then I did a search online for a driver update for SoundMAX.  I found one on another sight....not the sight that was listed in the previous post.  I downloaded it and installed it.  It gave me the error that "driver could not be found."  Now I'm at a loss at what to do to get my sound working properly again.  I ever did a system restore to no avail.  Can anyone please help?

No Events found!