Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2009 00:00

Blue Screen, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I was attempting to reinstall my windows XP professional on my Dell Precision 690 workstation.  I had wiped my computer due to a nasty spyware/malware that infected my network [System Security V4.52].  Anyway, I had decided to reformat my computer and reinstall windows from scratch due to this error, I believed it time to start from scratch on my computer as it was.  Well, I got the partition reformatted, and set up for the NTFS setting.  Well when the operating system attempts to install it starts at 39 minutes to completion.  As it installs the drivers/devices into the hard drive, the moment it reaches 34 minutes remaining, a blue screen comes up displaying the following code:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is followed by telling me to disable the caching and shadowing options for the BIOS Memory, first I have no idea where that is in the BIOS setup since there is nothing stating about disabling caches.  Following at the end of the blue screen it displays:

STOP: Ox0000000A (0xFFFFFFE0, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X805373D2).  This is also followed by a physical memory dump each time.  I've attempted at reformatting the partition several times as well as running the diagnostics on the system memory.  Everything checks out fine.  Using the forums as an information guide, I've attempted various solutions and have had no results.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening when I only attempt to reinstall windows and how to fix this?

13 Posts

November 20th, 2009 07:00

Hi I had the exact same issue with my 690 I spent hours before finally getting it to work by disconnecting the monitor's

usb hub, disabling serial, firewire, and ps2 ports in the bios, one of these fixed it and I was able to install XP.

What did you do?

5 Posts

March 30th, 2010 18:00

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I've tried disabling things, etc.; it still BSoDs at about "34 minutes left".

I'm using an XP Pro SP3 CD to do the setup, and Dell's SAS 5/6 A03 "F6" driver diskette. I tried the A00 diskette but I got the same behavior.

Pleh!

5 Posts

March 30th, 2010 18:00

SOLUTION: Change SATA operation from AHCI default to ATA. Setup doesn't BSoD. You can set it back later.

8 Posts

July 25th, 2013 15:00

Thank you! Still applies today

No Events found!