Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2014 03:00

Cannot Install Windows manually

Hi !

Recently I received my Laptop Inspiron 7520 from supplier, it was power failure before but now they changed the Mother Board, along with machine I received Windows Product Key, unfortunately I lost my recovery media, I tried to Install Windows 8 and Windows Single Language by DVD but when I enter the Product Key a message appear this Product Key does not match for Windows images available for installation. Which Image will work for my laptop please suggest me. That is the title of product key W8H 32/64BIT SVC DPK

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

April 21st, 2014 23:00

Its possible that you can use a generic product key to install and then activate with this key however its strange that Dell would give you a replacement product key and not replacement media at the same time?

April 20th, 2014 04:00

Hi billlu,

The CD provided by Dell is an OEM copy hence other DVD s won't work. Please private message me the service tag and name on the tag to assist you further.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

April 20th, 2014 16:00

How did you get your product key? Its possible the product key you have is incorrect. It is also possible that you were given a Windows 8.1 product key which is incompatible with Windows 8.0 installation media and vice versa (thanks to Microsoft). See here for details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/microsoft-product-activation/installation-of-windows-8-1-with-a-windows-8-0-retail-product-key-notes/

9 Posts

April 21st, 2014 17:00

I get the product key from Dell supplier and mention on the card W8H 32/64BIT.. it is clear that the key is for Win8 not 8.1 but the worst thing is why it giving this error with both Windows 8 models I tried win8 and win 8 single language also, doesn't work...

9 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 01:00

It was very strange, may be they won't want to provide OEM media to anyone or for home users. Anyhow kindly can you provide me any generic key to install operating only ? I really disappointed from Dell Support :( I tried many ways many things but .... Please it would be really appreciable to help me by your expertness  

9 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 03:00

Thank you ! it helps me. I tried a generic single language serial key. It works..

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

April 22nd, 2014 05:00

Did you manage to use "change key" to activate the product?

9 Posts

January 5th, 2015 01:00

Yeah I did it. And that activated within seconds :) thanks :)

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 5th, 2015 04:00

Fantastic, you are very welcome.

March 9th, 2020 02:00

i got the same problem i need that key

thanks..

1 Message

September 3rd, 2021 03:00

HELLO SIR I HAVE SAME PROBLEM

No Events found!