Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2015 11:00

Change system language

Hi,

When setting up my new laptop, the first action was to select the system language. I mistakenly picked French. I now need to change this back to English. I tried doing a factory restore, but when I do that, it does not prompt me to select a system language again. I only get regional settings which do not change the system (display) language.

Could you please help me to put the system back in English?

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly click on the below link.

http://www.howtogeek.com/121169/how-to-change-your-keyboard-layout-in-windows-8/ 

Thanks

Robin 

7 Posts

October 7th, 2015 08:00

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your answer, but it's not the keyboard/input language that I need to change. It's the display language.

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 12th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

If you check the correct region and manually select it the country and language .

Thanks

Robin

7 Posts

October 13th, 2015 09:00

I can select the proper regiion and language, that's not the problem. It's the system language I need to change.

The very frst time you turn on the computer (after unboxing it) you have to configure Windows. The very first question asked is: select system language (English or French). I mistakenly picked French. After that, it asks to select region and keyboard language.

When I do a factory restore, it doesn't ask me to select system language anymore. It goes straight to the region and keyboard language selection page. It says: "Configurer Windows 7 Professionnel". I need to go to the previous page where I can select the system language to English so that in the next page it asks:"Configure Windows 7 Professional". Like it did on my other laptop.

Thanks.

No Events found!