Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2009 08:00

Chipset Installation

I recently reinstalled the OS on my Dell XPS 410 (winXP Media Center). I installed the drivers completely out of order and found a few articles that basically suggested I reinstall all over again. I've printed the drivers installation order guide, so I've got that part. My question is about the specific chipset driver/utility/software installation order. On my resource cd, they are listed as follows:

-Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

-Intel Matrix Storage Manager (utility is Intel Matrix Storage manager)

-Intel Viiv for Broadwater (application is Intel Viiv for Broadwater)

What order should these items be installed?

14.4K Posts

May 9th, 2009 09:00

You just need the chipset utility. THIS  is the latest from the Dell site.

Note that you need to load the Desktop system software <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> as the first driver.

Here is what to try. Load the Desktop software in normal mode. Then boot into safe mode and install the chipset.

If after doing this you still have devices in Device manager that you cannot clear you will more then likely need to redo the reinstall and install the drivers as per the recommended order.

Also note that you should not do any windows updates untill you get all the drivers installed.

2 Posts

May 9th, 2009 09:00

I see. Thank you for the swift responce. I do have one more question about the chipsets. Before I reinstalled the OS, I printed a list of installed software/applications from the Dell Support Center program. It listed both Matrix and Viiv. Even if I only need the chipset utility, should I still install the other two drivers since they were previously installed?

No Events found!