Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2009 07:00

Continued: Vista 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade....DSN ID 158098

I see the original thread has been locked. Sorry to re-open it. I didn't find any other way to contact Chris M regarding his instructions at the end of the thread.

Regarding trying to contact Technical Support: I followed the link. I tried the live chat and the email support options. Both of those failed because my only 32-bit Dell that I have is out of warranty support. Is this offer only good for Dell systems that are still in warranty? If it is good for out-of-warranty systems, how do I get past the bouncer?

• 

16.7K Posts

May 28th, 2009 08:00

jmccorn,

You must be within your warranty to receive the disk.

3 Posts

May 28th, 2009 11:00

The system is just a little over a year old. If you are outside of warranty, can you purchase the disk?

1 Message

May 28th, 2009 14:00

Jesse, Can you help me request the disk? I can send you my infomation via message or email. Please let me know how to send you those info

May 28th, 2009 19:00

HI Jesse,

Please send me the upgrade 64bit  disk for Vista, below is my system info.

Hi Jesse,

Please send me the 64bit upgrade disc of Vista. Below is my info.

Name: Tuan La

Address: <ADMIN NOTE: Address removed per privacy policy>

Phone: <ADMIN NOTE: Phone Number removed per privacy policy>

email address: <ADMIN NOTE: Email removed per privacy policy>

System Service Tag Number: <ADMIN NOTE: Service Tag removed per privacy policy> (Mine is a XPS system) with 4GB RAM

Thanks a lot

Tuan

2.4K Posts

May 29th, 2009 10:00

Hi anhtuan1982 & oldfish2009

You need to read this

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19276918.aspx

1 Message

June 2nd, 2009 10:00

And if everyone you email or speak to at Dell support has no idea what you are talking about and tells you to go order it from their site what do you do next?  Its a bit of a joke really.  Or it would be if I didn't actually want the disk.  I'd suggest it was because I live in the UK rather than the Americas if it wasn't abundantly clear that noone I've spoken to are in the UK, nor have English as their first language!

1 Message

June 7th, 2009 04:00

It's a big joke all this! I have a XPS 720H2c and also want to upgrade my OS to 64bit.. I have Vista Ultimate and only 32bit disc with my system. Now I have 8Gb of ram that I can't use.. It should be one 32disc and one 64bits disc in Vista Ultimate but Dell sends only 32bits disc with the computer and now when I need 64bits the warranty is out of date so no disc from Dell..  Nice... I bought the most expensive computer they can sell just little over a year ago and now the can't even fix one disc to me...... :-( This whas my last Dell system thats for sure...........

Regards Bertil Jägard..

3 Posts

June 7th, 2009 08:00

You must be within your warranty to receive the disk.

Hi! I never received an answer to this question. Is this an item that you can purchase from Dell out-of-warranty, or is the only way to obtain this disc from Dell is free and within warranty?

14.4K Posts

June 7th, 2009 10:00

If you want to purchase a 64 bit disk do not use Dell go to someplace like Newegg or such and jsut order a OEM version disk.

You might also just want to wait it out untill Oct an then pick up a copy of Windows 7.

No Events found!