Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2006 23:00

Coral Paint Shop X

I bought the B130 Inspiron a few weeks ago. It works fine. It came along with the Coral Paint Shop X software loaded. I noticed when I use it, it is a 60 day trial use. When using it in the trial version, I got a automatic update 10.01.  It loaded in fine. Then I received a automatic update 10.02 online. I could not download it. It comes up with a error. (The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM. Insert the Corel Paint Shop Pro X disk). I did not get the disk when I bought the disk. Would I have to buy the software because it is a 60 day trial? Or is there a way to find the disk or information loaded in the laptop memory?
Thanks fo any help
Larry

445 Posts

May 31st, 2006 06:00

After you purchase the software, you go the website, and download the program again.  (I just recently discovered this myself) 

9 Posts

May 31st, 2006 08:00

When I get the new software disk for Corel Paint Shop X. Should I delete everything with the trial version that came with my computer?

445 Posts

May 31st, 2006 08:00

Well, when I bought the program, all I did was download the program (from their site) and run installer, it removed the earlier version, and replaced with the full version.  No more "insert disk" messages!  ;)

By all means tho, you should request the disk (seems like there was a small fee for that).

9 Posts

May 31st, 2006 11:00

I can try that. The trouble with getting the disk is, I am overseas now. I don't think I would be able to get the disk mailed to me. Unless the other option is, buying the program here and installing it. Then I would have the disk. If I do that, would it override the trial version? Or should I delete the trial version, then install the program with a disk.

Message Edited by Larryst on 05-31-200607:47 AM

Message Edited by Larryst on 05-31-200607:49 AM

445 Posts

June 1st, 2006 05:00

If by delete, you mean Uninstall......  sure I s'pose you could.  :)

But, I think the Disks installer would do that for you in any case.

No Events found!