Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2010 08:00

Create SRCD

I created a System Restore CD (SRCD) on and for a Dell Dimension 4700 however the CD  has a corrupt file on it.  I successfully restored the computer to the factory load via the Ctrl-F11 boot sequence.  The problem is I can't find the application to try to recreate the SRCD again in the event the HDD ever crashes.  Anyone have any info on if, or how to do this?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 6th, 2010 10:00

I've never heard of a recovery CD for systems in that era.  Dell ships many with the Recovery Partition such as yours that you were able to use to reinstall and they include the Windows operating system disc and a Drivers and Utilities disc, which can be used to manually reinstall. 

Some new mini notebook systems have a recovery disc creation procedure but that's all that I know of for consumer model Dell's.

My Dimension E510, which is just slightly newer than yours only has the recovery partition and the Dell supplied discs that I noted for manual installation.

2 Posts

September 7th, 2010 08:00

My Dimension 4600 came with all the CDs from the factory but this 4700 I am working on has three partitions on the HDD.  Under Program Files and one of the HP subcategories their was an option to create your own recovery CD.  I went ahead and created it but when I tried to use it to recover it said one of the files were corrupt.  I tried to recreate the recovery disk but the icon to run the program was gone and I can't find the actual program in the Dell folder.  I did recover the computer just fine using the ctrl-f11 but would like a CD in the event the HDD fails.

No Events found!