Highlighted
diwazahal69
1 Copper

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4015219) - Error 0x8000fff . Pending updates unable to install.

Hi

My dell inspiron , windows 10 version 1511, 64 bit , 4GB RAM, free space in C Drive 23 GB ,system has been running with an update issue for a long. I have raised the issue to the MS community. Please find the link My issue . 

Dell update for drivers update is showing your system is up to date. 

I have tried many things  as suggested by the MS community members but the issue is still there. Right now I am getting this error in the windows update page

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4015219) - Error 0x8000fffImage

I have tried the following

1 As the auto update of the system failed continuously, to install the cumulative update for version 1511 I've  downloaded the  update from Microsoft update catalog. Failed to  update.

2. To install the anniversary update without installing the cumulative updates for version 1511 tried this one

Download windows10 through Media creation tool . Both the option of  Update now and ISO file has been tried.

In both the cases got the below error

3 Tried to install in clean boot mode. The same above error.

4. Tried to install in safe mode The same error,

5 Tried Troubleshooting , no success.

6. Tried to Reset windows update component and again check for update. Shows the error 0x8000fff.

Creators update is already released Is it possible for me to jump from version 1511 to  the latest version of windows 10 ? ( without installing cumulative update for 1511 and feature update to 1607).

If the answer is no than please help me to install the pending updates.

With regards

Diwazahal69.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4015219) - Error 0x8000fff . Pending updates unable to install.

diwazahal69,

I found the link below for possible resolutions to the error.

SOLVED: Windows 8.1/10 Store Error 0x8000ffff

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

RE: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4015219) - Error 0x8000fff . Pending updates unable to install.

Creators update is already released Is it possible for me to jump from version 1511 to  the latest version of windows 10 ?
I upgraded two Win 10 installs to the anniversary edition without installing the cumulative update (OptiPlex 7040 SFF).

0 Kudos