Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2013 07:00

DELL INSPIRON N5050, Camera is not working properly.

Hello to all User..

I am using DELL INSPIRON N5050, and having Windows 7 installed on it.

A couple of days ago my camera was working just perfectly.. But i don't what happened, today when i tried to have a video conference, It shows totally RED image.

The camera is weird and actual program doesnt give you clean photos. Its all fuzzy and colourful.

Please Suggest me what to do??

2 Posts

January 27th, 2013 08:00

Hello to all User..

I am using DELL INSPIRON N5050, and having Windows 7 installed on it.

A couple of days ago my camera was working just perfectly.. But i don't what happened, today when i tried to have a video conference, It shows totally RED image.

The camera is weird and actual program doesnt give you clean photos. Its all fuzzy and colourful.

Please Suggest me what to do??

2.6K Posts

January 27th, 2013 19:00

Hi Deepu0787,

There are few steps I would suggest which would help us in fixing the issue. 

-- Run the Dell PC Diagnostics for Webcam
-- Update the Bios to the latest version.  

**NOTE: Few things to ensure before updating the Bios is, the Ac Adapter should be plugged in and the battery should have minimum of 15% charge. No other external peripherals should be connected to the computer. Please ensure that the Bios update should not be interrupted else it would damage the motherboard. 

-- Please follow the article to Uninstall and Re-install the Webcam Central Software.
-- You may also refer the article on Troubleshooting Webcam Issues for more details. 

Please try the steps and write back with results, would be glad to assist further. 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 27th, 2013 21:00

Hi deepu0787,

I see that you have posted the same issue in a different link: http://dell.to/VhIHWG

Allan will be assisting you on the issue.

1 Message

June 20th, 2013 12:00

me to

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 20th, 2013 13:00

Hi hesham10,

I would like to know if you have performed the troubleshooting steps as suggested by Dell-Allan D. Please update me the findings so that I could assist you further.

No Events found!