B

February 24th, 2007 02:00

DELL RE-INSTALLATION CD for WINDOWS XP PRO with SP2 $14.99

4.4K Posts

February 24th, 2007 03:00

I think not.

12K Posts

February 24th, 2007 07:00

I know not.  The E-Bay software police will remove the site.

57 Posts

February 24th, 2007 20:00

its legal and it will work on any Dell pc without requiring a cd key. it will also work on a non Dell pc but will require a cd key.

12K Posts

February 25th, 2007 04:00

We shall see.

2.7K Posts

February 25th, 2007 08:00

???? Could someone explain [why this would not be legal]:smileywink: , my CD has a big grove on it and it will not
install , i would like to get windows XP PRO back on my computer for tech support, it looks just like that one ebay???:smileysurprised:

VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=120077192946&itemcount=
4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot _widget

Jerry / c3po5

Message Edited by C3PO5 on 02-25-2007 02:43 AM

12K Posts

February 25th, 2007 10:00

OEM discs are bound to the machine they came with, not just the brand, but the actual machine forever.  So given that statement to be true, how can you seel these and still abide by the EULA?

Dell can probably help you with a replacement disc.

57 Posts

February 25th, 2007 11:00

It will work on any Dell by recognizing the Dell bios. They donot have time to program every individual disc for each computer that they sell. It probably won't work on more than 1 Dell computer though because Microsoft has to validate it so you can download big updates.

2.7K Posts

February 25th, 2007 23:00

To comply with Ebay/manufacturer requirements, the auction includes a piece of hardware.
This is Brand NEW, NOT A COPY and sealed in original factory package.
Also included is A CD-Rom audio cable.
This CD will work with all Dell computers & laptop's that support Windows XP, including
Latitude, Inspiron, Dimension, Precision, Optiplex systems and most other computers. This
reinstallation CD works great most all DELL COMPUTER's. This is a no reserve auction.
This reinstallation CD works great on all DELL COMPUTER's with XP PRO COA sticker.
Windows XP Professional can be installed in no time! It is very easy to use.
NO COA keycode is included, the COA label should be allocated underneath or aside of your
computer.
[The CD is Brand NEW, NOT A COPY and sealed in original factory package.]

AS the CD is brand new & still sealed this means it has never been installed
on another machine
that would mean if i install it on my dell 8400 it would  be tide to it and have to stay
with for life ,
as with the XP PRO x 64 OEM CD that i bought it has to stay with my Dell,
if the CD was grooved and could not be install i would have to replace it with another one
witch would be the same as above it has to stay with my 8400.
Windows XP PRO X64 OEM EULA agreed to legal to use yes has to have a key to work
Dell Windows XP PRO x32 OEM EULA agreed to legal to use yes no key asked for
tide to bios.
All if these CD are tide to the Dell bios. WITH WINDOWS XP PRO AS ORIGINAL SOFTWARE
My mine tells me this is legal !!!
If this PERSON got these from a Dell action because of an over stock
and sales them on eBay how would that be not legal he has complied with
{eBay ,Mictrosoft & Dell rules by sending a CD cable [ IE hardware with it]
I see nothing wrong with that action AT all,
duh I am not A LAWYER at all !!!
no eBay,no Dell police no Microsoft police are going to show up .

Jerry / c3po5

311 Posts

February 26th, 2007 15:00

Those Cds are to be installed on a new PC only, and say so on the disk. Anyone selling those disks on Ebay is doing so illegally. They are not for resale by a 3rd party. Purchase these at your own risk. If that specific version of XP was not sold on your Dell system, Dell will not support it and neither will Microsoft.

If you need a replacement XP disk, you can contact Dell through one of the methods listed here:

No Events found!