Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 22nd, 2016 02:00

DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows

Hi Dell Experts,

Please kindly advise  on the procedure to restore the software after the replacement of mother board.

From where do I download the  OS software for the newly replaces Mother board. 

My XPS 2710 becomes faulty with recent upgrade to Window 10 , further research in the forum shows that XPS 2710 does not support Windows 10 config and will make the screen black out.

Only option is to replace the motherboard.  Now even with the replacement motherboard , not sure how the recovery of  OS softwares will be done including  other softwares ? Any guide or manual to follow . 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,

Sathish.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 02:00

The license is OEM and the product key is embedded in the UEFI BIOS of the motherboard. If you replace the motherboard and it doesn't have a UEFI BIOS embedded Windows 8.x product key you will be unable to activate Windows 8.1 and may have to buy Windows 8.1 again.

No Events found!