Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2008 18:00

Datasafe Restore Problem

Hi there,

I to seem to be having problems with Datasafe after the ugrade. When trying to restore a file it just seems to sit there and do nothing. At one point I did get an error message of something like "Timeout waiting for duplicate machine ID"

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Nancy

97 Posts

September 8th, 2008 17:00

Hi Nancy,

Are you trying to restore via the client or the web site?

The error regarding duplicate machine IDs happens when you attempt to initiate a restore (or other server side operation) while the server is still processing your last request. The restore process can take a bit of time - even if you are only restoring a single file both your local client and the server still load all of your account data prior to processing the request.

How long are you waiting between attempts before you cancel and try again?

~scott 

September 9th, 2008 15:00

Hi there,

I am using the client software. The longest I have waited before canceling a single file transfer has been over 2 hours.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Nancy

97 Posts

September 9th, 2008 15:00

Hi Nancy,

That does seems a bit long :smileywink: Are you in the US or the UK? Do you have a lot of data backed up? Have you tried again today?

I'm sure we can figure out the issue one way or another. :smileyvery-happy:

~scott 

September 9th, 2008 16:00

Hi Again,

My back-up is 13.29 GB in size. I am actually in Canada so I would assume that I am using the US server. I will give it another try today.

Cheers!

Nancy

97 Posts

September 9th, 2008 19:00

Hi Nancy,

Yeah, unfortunately I would expect it to take a long time with an account your size. When anything happens in your account (client or server) your account data gets loaded into memory and parsed. The larger the account, the longer it takes to process the account catalog. The files are stored this way so that they can be encrypted and broken down for easy upload. It's a hassle when you have to deal with it but ultimately I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. It would be nice if there was more feedback from the client as things are processing. My account is pretty small right now so I don't really deal with the same sort of issue but I can empathise.

Let me know if you have any more questions :-)

~Scott 

September 9th, 2008 19:00

Hi there,

I tried the restore again this morning and it worked however it did take over 50 minutes to have the file restored. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Nancy

No Events found!