Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 6th, 2007 22:00

Delete McAfee?

Vista Home Premium says I have to delete McAfee Internet Security Suite along with Sonic ?? DLA.  McAfee came loaded on my laptop and I still have about six months remaining.  Anyone else run into this?

89 Posts

February 7th, 2007 03:00

McAfee has just developed a new version that is compatible with Vista, which should prompt you to install it. Got an E-mail about it, but I use a different program, so...

87 Posts

February 7th, 2007 07:00

Once you install vista just go to McAfee's site, log in and go to your account, you'll be able to download the vista version of McAfee for the remainder of your contract with them, I had the same problem

Message Edited by techmad on 02-07-2007 09:58 AM

91 Posts

February 7th, 2007 09:00

McAfee eh! When I run the Vista Upgrade advisor it tells me that I might have a compatibilty problem with McAfee SpamKiller. Funny thing is it is a brand new Dell which did not come with McAfee. I use Trend Micro instead. 

February 7th, 2007 14:00

I too got the same problem and as someone else posted there is an upgrade for McAffe and Vista I have 36 Months free so it would be a shame not too use McAffe I was worried that I woulden't be able to use it but got and email from McAffe

Great news! You will soon be prompted to upgrade your McAfee® security subscription. This free upgrade is a major redesign of the McAfee SecurityCenter that will offer many exciting benefits, including even stronger protection for your identity and your computer from the latest online threats.

Please upgrade immediately after you receive the notification so that you can enjoy the many new and improved, adjustable features. The upgraded McAfee SecurityCenter will make monitoring your computer's security simple and will be compatible with Microsoft's new Windows VISTA™ operating system.

This new level of McAfee protection will give you the peace of mind that comes from having the best security solution available. As always, thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Best regards,

McAfee Inc

1 Message

February 26th, 2007 20:00

I used the free 3 month Mcafee subscription with my new Inspiron E1505 for 2 weeks when it locked up my internet explorer after an Mcafee update.  It seemed really user friendly and I was enjoying it until this happened.  I had to go back to Dell Support to remove it and restore back to the state that it arrived losing all my new data and programs that I had installed.  It kept saying that I was missing some Mcafee files but would not let me reinstall any part of the program.  It took Dell taking control of my computer and over 2 hours to get it back to the way it was when it was delivered.  I then uninstalled Mcafee and installed Norton and have had no problems since. 

53 Posts

March 25th, 2007 16:00

I'm having the same problem with Vista and McAfee.   After having to uninstall McAfee, so that I could install Vista, I now can't seem to install / upgrade McAfee as it's having "compatibility" problems.

I've tried going on the McAfee website to contact someone, but can't seem to find any useful e:mail addresses either.

Can anybody out there help me please ?
No Events found!