Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2007 13:00

Dell Automated PC Tuneup

Recently Trend Micro PC-cillin froze while downloading updates to my Inspiron 6000. It finally became necessary to cold boot my computer. This resulted in complete chaos. I could no longer load IE, Outlook or any of my files without "hang ups". System restore was no help.

I had recently downloaded the trial copy of the Dell Automated PC Tuneup program primarily out of curiosity. I decided to give the program a test and ran it with all options checked. My problem was resolved. Consequently, I now plan to purchase the program from Dell

I have three dell computers. I will install the program on each. I wonder if I will need to purchase the program separately for each or if it can be licensed for run on all three. Anyone know?

• 

16.7K Posts

May 10th, 2007 18:00

D410,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You would need to have it installed and paid for on each system.

The trial version allows you to run the utility as many times as you want during a 30-day period. You are also able to review the resulting reports. After the trial period ends, you will need to purchase the subscription version to run PC TuneUp again.

561 Posts

May 10th, 2007 18:00

HI Jesse,

I recently upgraded to Vista for XP and I noticed that for Vista there is no Dell Support 3.2 which has the PC checkup.  Is there a Vista version?

Roger1955
-------------------------
XPS 410
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 ghz
2 gigs DDR2 Ram / Evga Geforce 7600GT
2-250 GB WD Sata II HDD'S 7200 rpm(Raid 1 Array)
19 in E197FPB Flat Panel Display
13 and 1 media card reader
Sony CRX 3105 CDRWDVD / TS-H553A DVD+-RW/DL
IEEE 1394 PCI Express Firewire Port
NIS 2007

6 Posts

June 2nd, 2007 02:00

Hope you haven't purchased this program yet or if you have, are able to get it working. 

I just posed a request for help after purchasing the Automatic TuneUp program but keep getting "invalid license key" when i try to activate the program.

8 Posts

June 2nd, 2007 12:00

Hello

I also use the Dell Automated Tuneup and have only 8 days of the 30 day trial period and I have a "gut feeling" that you will have to enter your Service Tag when you purchase the program which of course will limit it to one specific system.  I feel that this is not correct and is unfair as their are several of us that have more than one computer system under the same roof.  However, there are ways to, shall we say, transfer data from one system to another.  I will probably get in some "hot water" if the moderators even allow this reply to post but oh well!

However, they do not own Dell and Dell Corporation does not want to lose my business I can assure you of this.

Mark
No Events found!