Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2007 23:00

Dell Dimension 8250 extact steps to restore to factory condition.

I need help restoring my Dell Dimension 8250 computer back to factory condition. I need a exact step by step guideline to follow. Computer was purchased in the year of Jan 2003. So please advise and let me know how to do this.

12K Posts

May 6th, 2007 11:00

Might better give the full treatment here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&dn=1090643

To find and download the drivers for your system, scroll down the page on click on
"Drivers and Downloads". Then enter your Service Tag or model number of your computer.
Select your operating system and then download the drivers that you need.

4.4K Posts

Not according to the link I provided (from Bev), indicating 7-16-04 as the first date the restore partition was available.  This will likely require reinstalling XP.

12K Posts

Does a machine that old have the restore partition built in?

1 Message

October 24th, 2014 16:00

it has a lock code on it meaning that when I got the computer it was already signed bien so I can't do nothing unless I sign out of the computer but I don't even know how do you sign PIN or password the day you so can I reset the whole computer and what steps would I take to do that please please help me

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 24th, 2014 23:00

This is a 7 year old thread and will be locked due to age. If you need help make a new post and supply the following information:

• Computer Model
  • Operating System

If you have forgotten the admin password or pin then you will likely have Windows 8.0/8.1. Likely you are trying to restore to factory settings with Dell Backup and Recovery which needs the Windows password. If you have forgotten this you will need to call Dell Technical Support and procure a Recovery USB or Reinstallation DVD.

No Events found!