Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2013 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 Win 7 x64 Driver

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Inspiron 15R (5537) that come with Windows 8. I install Windows 7 64 bits for compatibility with my other program and I couldn't get any drivers for this OS. Is the drivers for Windows 8 compatible for Windows 7? Or I need to get those drivers else where?

System Model number: Inspiron 15R 5537
Operating System   : Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits

Thanks in advance =)

9 Posts

November 16th, 2013 14:00

I removed the driver's 8850m and the boot was 'normal' :(

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 17th, 2013 14:00

Try installing the driver via device manager without any additional ATI software.

9 Posts

November 18th, 2013 05:00

I try... no work :(

1 Message

December 2nd, 2013 23:00

Hi,

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 from abroad. I was come by pre installed windows 8. Than I re-installed windows 8 pro 64-bit. its successfully installed but  I cant install wifi driver now. the dirvers I downloaded from dell .

now what should i do?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 02:00

Provide the hardware IDs of your wireless card, there are several variants for this model.

12 Posts

December 4th, 2013 22:00

HI there ,,

i will try to get this.

1 Message

March 13th, 2014 06:00

I had a question for you.

I just went ahead and installed almost all of the driver updates for my new 5537 Inspiron 15R, but once I installed the Ethernet adapter driver, my wireless no longer worked and I could not set up a new connection. I had to do a system restore to get it back to the state it was in before I updated the drivers. I'm going to do the updates again but I was just wondering...why does the Ethernet driver disable my wireless and why was I not able to disable it to enable the wireless adapter (which seemed to have disappeared)?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 13th, 2014 09:00

I had a question for you.

I just went ahead and installed almost all of the driver updates for my new 5537 Inspiron 15R, but once I installed the Ethernet adapter driver, my wireless no longer worked and I could not set up a new connection. I had to do a system restore to get it back to the state it was in before I updated the drivers. I'm going to do the updates again but I was just wondering...why does the Ethernet driver disable my wireless and why was I not able to disable it to enable the wireless adapter (which seemed to have disappeared)?

What is shown under network controllers in device manager before and after the driver updates. See here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

No Events found!