Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

6 Posts

January 28th, 2019 15:00

Dell Power Manager Issues

All,

I am pulling this discussion out of a laptop specific thread to see if I can get some answers or get pointed in the right direction. It appears that when attempting to install the latest update of the Dell Power Manager program there is a step where one has to install the Dell Power Manager Service and it appears that there is a certificate that is not signed or at least not signed correctly. I believe this to be the cause because in my many attempts to complete the installation, I read the installation logs and found this line:

MSI (c) (FC:30) [17:54:04:162]: SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY: C:\Windows\{1AF69E72-9462-4EDE-942F-A4039D3DF43E}\DellPowerManager.msi is not digitally signed.

Unfortunately, this I believe is the reason that I cannot complete the install, as a security feature Windows is blocking installations against unsigned or incorrectly signed programs. While, I would LOVE to use the Dell Power Manager, I do not want to have to turn-off security features to do so if I can help it.

Assistance is appreciated, as well as generally pointing me in the right direction.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture.PNG

6 Posts

August 14th, 2019 03:00

Nathan, did you ever find a solution for this? I'm running into the exact same issue on two new 5501 Latitudes. I have a ticket open with Dell but still no solution. Thanks. Jeff

August 15th, 2019 04:00

Unfortunately, no. I managed to get around it in a way by having our company temporarily uninstall the antivirus, but then reinstall it. Even more unfortunate, is that now that there is a new update of the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) application, and an accompanying Dell Power Manager update (separate from the store, but still downloadable through the W10 store app) I can no longer update to maintain full functionality again. Luckily, the power settings I set once it was working have kept, but I cannot modify them without booting into the UEFI/BIOS. I will have to have our company remote-in and work with the antivirus, which seems to block it because I do not believe it signed correctly in the certificate.

3 Posts

September 12th, 2019 13:00

Hey Nathan, can you please assist me on how you did this? I can't seem to do that for my own personal computer 

October 30th, 2019 08:00

Sorry for the long wait. I am not sure exactly how to help. I had it working after I had my organization temporarily uninstall the antivirus, and then allow me to install Power Manager, then reinstall the antivirus. Unfortunately, because this program requires occasional updates, my last attempt to update it broke it again and I have not made the time to have our technical support team remote-in and do the process again, which HONESTLY I should not have to do, but because I believe the certificate is still broken, the antivirus is flagging it.

I wish I could help more.

No Events found!