Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2012 15:00

Dell Support Center: Where Can I Download and Save a Full Installation File, _Not_ aulauncher.exe?

There was a time, not very long ago, when I could download the full 50+ MB installation program for Dell Support Center (e.g., full_dsc_5907_12_32_01.exe) from Dell's downloads page.  Now, all I find is a tiny installation manager, aulauncher.exe, that will download and install the DSC update, but won't let me save the installation file to my hard drive.  I want to download the full installation file to my laptop on a fast wireless network, then copy it to my desktop, which is on a slow network.

Can anyone point me to a legitimate (i.e., Dell or Dell-sanctioned) website where I can download and save the latest full installation file?

Thank you,

Terry

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 7th, 2012 11:00

Or better yet ;) I have uploaded the file onto the Dell Community Forums for you. You may get it here.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 26th, 2012 17:00

Terry,

Dell Support Center 2.0 is No Longer Supported

Try reading...

Uninstall Dell Support Center

There is a link there to download and save the newer version.

Rick

1 Message

July 7th, 2012 03:00

Tried that and all i got was apuny 1758kb launcher  any other suggestions would be appreciated thanx :emotion-2:

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 7th, 2012 11:00

Is your laptop Dell, is it running Vista or 7? If so install Dell support centre on it.

Dell Support centre will download the file full_dsc_5907_39_64_03.exe to %APPDATA%\PCDr\Update\Binaries unfortunately once the software is installed the file is deleted.

There is a workaround however...

Install Dell Support centre on your laptop. Press [Windows] and type in %APPDATA%\PCDr\Update\

This will take you to your equivalent version of this folder:

If you click the Binaries folder it will be empty as the software is installed and the file is deleted. However if you right click it and instead select properties

Select previous versions and load the earlier version of the folder:

In this folder you will have the latest version of the installer you are looking for.

No Events found!