Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2015 22:00

Dell Tech Concierge Erased My Recovery Partition On C:) Drive and Lied About "Dell Backup and Recovery" Program Software

Dell Tech Concierge Tech made a horrible mistake on my very high-end Dell Desktop.  He hacked the Registry repeatedly without first doing a Registry Backup.  I asked him not to do this. The damage he caused required an re-installation of my Operating System.  The next DTC did not know how to do this in a parallel install--even though I suggested and begged--even asking for a Sr. Level DTC.  The bottom line is--I kept getting beginners--I was not given any choice.  The final horrible result is that DTC erased the System Recovery Partition (a hidden partition on the C;) drive.  Once that is destroyed, you can never again get this back.  The next DTC lied to me by installing the Dell Backup and Recovery Program and told me this takes the place as a substitute for the forever lost Recovery Partition.  That was/is a lie.  Further yet, this Dell B/U & Recovery Program immediately reported all kinds of malfunctions within itself.  The dirty trick is that you have to pay more and more dollars--since, instead the real purpose of this is paying Dell EXTRA money for backups and things to go ito some Dell Cloud storage.  The problem is that when DTC's and/or any Dell Tech wrecks your computer to such a point--you can not even have an internet connection--until you re-install your OS.  Therefore this Dell program does no good--It is NOT  a substitute for the (hidden) Recovery Partition which HAS TO be right on your C: drive, itself.  Does anyone know what I need to insist on to get a Recovery Partition back onto my C;) drive itself?  Without this, I can't even use a boot disk, I can't use a create Windows recovery disk--since everything , anything HAS TO access that Recovery Partition which only exists resident on you computer's C; (OS) Drive.  PLEASE Help with any suggestions--that you are technically sure will work. I am desperate and frightened.  I saved up for a long time to get this Computer.  Nothing is wrong with any of the components--DTC obliterated the Recovery Partition itself and does not wan to spend the time or the money to treat me decently and fairly. I am exhausted-sorry for any typos.

March 25th, 2015 11:00

First thing you need to do is take a deep breath. :emotion-1:

The recovery partition is just a Dell customized Windows image with the drivers for that model. I am unclear if your computer has an operating system or not at this point but if you have Windows installed you can download all the drivers for your model from support.dell.com (using a working computer) .

Otherwise, you should contact Dell Support and ask them to send out a recovery USB drive that will restore the machine like when you bought it. 

No Events found!