Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2013 05:00

Dell XPS M1530

I Hope this is in the correct place.

I think my HDD is about to die on me soon and i was worried that i will not have a Recovery solution (no media came with it)

There is a Recovery partition on here but that will be useless if the HDD fails.

i can not seem to find the dell program that allows me to make the recovery media.

am i not looking in the right place or would i need to download something. or can it not be done?

2.6K Posts

August 4th, 2013 05:00

Hello Paresh90,

Please refer to the article on How do I create backup discs with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 and check if that helps.

Please write back if you have any further queries. 

2 Posts

August 4th, 2013 11:00

I do not have this installed on my machine I don't think it was installed to start with. Is it possible to get this from the Dell downloads. And will this make the factory media dvd

2.6K Posts

August 5th, 2013 10:00

Hello Paresh90,

Download and re-install Dell Data Safe Local Backup application, which was factory installed on your Dell system. Please click here to refer the link. Follow the Easy Step1 and 2 to download the Dell Data Safe Local Backup application. Easy Step 3 would allow you to upgrade it. 

Please write back for further questions. 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 6th, 2013 22:00

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of windows Vista or Windows 7 depending on your version of Windows (link in my signature).

Dell do not provide the download but Microsoft do.

No Events found!