Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2008 16:00

Desktop Icons - What is going on?

I can't figure out why sometimes some (not all) of my desktop icons appear a generic MS icons and at other times they actually depict (corporate logo) the web site they represent?   For instance, one time the Comcast Web Site Shortcut (Desktop Icon) will have the Comcast logo and the next day it will be a generic MS icon.. They seem to change back and forth in no specific pattern... just when I start the computer I have to see what I will get for that day.. Help??  Ideas???

2.9K Posts

March 29th, 2008 16:00

Clean out your temporary internet files, etc. and see what happens.

308 Posts

March 29th, 2008 18:00

Thanks a million... everything is fine now... must do more temp file house cleaning from now on.. Thanks again!!!

2.9K Posts

March 29th, 2008 18:00

No problem. Glad it worked! :smileyvery-happy:

528 Posts

March 30th, 2008 00:00

windows can't clean all folders ccleaner can get in one simple click, I was advising for future, its much simpler and faster, ccleaner is a great app have you used it ever? if you get a chance give it a try its real nice and it will allow users to edit their startup apps without adjusting msconfig and its got more tools also.

I hope I did not come across as trying to say you did not fix the problem cause that was not my intention at all. 

528 Posts

download and install CCleaner

it will do all the cleaning for you ;)  

2.9K Posts

Otiss,

Just for your information, Windows will do it without any third party application (and the OP already solved the problem several hours ago). But thanks for the input.

Message Edited by Rebel9 on 03-29-2008 09:15 PM
No Events found!