Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2011 10:00

DigitalPersona Personal Error

My Biometrics works and I can log into Windows with my fingerprint, but DigitalPersona won't work, which also means I can't use my fingerprint to log into websites using the software. I have a Dell Studio 17 that came with Windows Vista, but I upgraded to Windows 7 (DigitalPersona still worked after this). I believe it is a 64 bit operating system (that's what it says under My Computer properties). The problem began when a Dell Technician did a Dell Connect and played around with drivers while trying to fix a problem I was having with my webcam. The problem turned out to be a hardware issue so they sent someone over to replace the webcam and it worked fine. But after testing to see if it was something with the driver, the DigitalPersona stopped working. He may have deleted certain drivers in the Device Manager.

I have tried the following:

-Uninstalled DigitalPersona completely and reinstalled it
-Used the Repair option
-Tried to Run as Administrator
-Reinstalled the driver for Biometrics according to Dell Support website

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it again. Thanks in advance,

Anthony

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2011 14:00

bDawk20,

I had a Dell Studio 1737. It came with Vista 32-bit. I installed Vista 64-bit on a separate partition. I then Installed Windows 7 64-bit on the Vista 32-bit partition. I had the fingerprint reader and installed it from the disk, I think. If that didn't work, then try Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) 

One way or the other, I had it working with no problems.

Rick

1 Message

June 11th, 2011 17:00

I was having the same problem today.  It occurred to me that I'd used a Symentec wizard to increase my browser speed.  When I checked the add-in tab in IE, I found that the Digital Persona add-in had been disabled.  Re-enabling it and re-booting solved the problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2011 12:00

Anthony,

Did you try installing DigitalPersona using the disk that came with the computer?

Rick

10 Posts

June 12th, 2011 13:00

Yes, I have tried using the DigitalPersona disk that came with the laptop. Also if its any additional help, I had bought the laptop with Vista then upgraded to 7.

10 Posts

June 13th, 2011 18:00

As you may have already read in my post (that I posted in the wrong forum), the link worked. Thanks a lot!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 13th, 2011 18:00

bDawk20,

Rick- I had tried that before, but it did not work.. this time it did! I don't know what the difference was this time, but that driver in the link finally worked. I did notice that it said during the installation something about an update. Also my AVG trial ended the other day so perhaps its firewall was preventing it earlier? I'm not really sure, but it works now. Only problem is it's not recognizing Mozilla Firefox websites that have logon pages (I had this problem before and I think it has something to do with an add-on. If you know a quick fix for that as well I'd appreciate it, but if not I'm sure I can figure it out with some research). Thanks again!!

If memory serves me correctly, right click on the icon near the clock, then look for check for updates.

DigitalPersona is no longer supported, to the version for login and what you can get working is all. The Mozilla and Internet Explorer login feautes may not work with the newer versions. I cannot rmemeber the version that it does work with.

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!