Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2009 15:00

Does Windows 7 and Dell Inspiron 1525 play well with each other?

I got a full version of Windows 7 Ultimate and will do a clean install on my Dell Inspiron 1525 Vista OS (SP2 w/ all latest updates).

Here's what worries me:

1. Dell's Windows 7 Center had previously said that Inspiron 1525 laptop was fully compatible with Windows 7. When I checked yesterday (and today), Inspiron 1525 moved down to "Basic Windows 7 Functionality."

2. If I do a clean installation of Windows 7, I may not be able to connect to the Internet. I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it flagged my USB to Ethernet adapter as "Action recommended"- meaning that I may need to find the right drivers for it. It also said that the Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN card compatibility status was unknown with Windows 7.

Otherwise, my system is pretty good. I got this laptop a little more than 1 year ago, has 3 GB RAM, 2.00 GHz CPU, and works flawlessly every day.

When I got this laptop, it had everything I needed (Dell Drivers and Utilities for Vista with Dell Diagnostics, Dell Vista 32-bit OS CD, etc.)

Can somebody please help me with my 2 worries mentioned above? I really am looking forward to using Windows 7 on my Inspiron 1525.

1 Message

January 11th, 2010 09:00

I have exactly the same problem. I purchased with the assurance that the computer would be Windows 7 compatible. Now I can't figure out whether the clean install will work or not? I wonder if Dell can post clear information on this question?

March 13th, 2014 19:00

Well Guys , This is what happen to me. I had my inspiron 1525 upgraded to 7win 64 bit, then I got a bug, abig bug that would not go away, I didnt have  the 7 disk or money to fix the prob , so I put my Vista 34 bit OS back on it. Its taken a week  to update it and a big head throb but its ok , except my drivers need updating now. So there you are , you will need the new drivers thats for sure. It was fine with the 7 wins thoe, thats it!

Grammystown

March 13th, 2014 19:00

Dose any one know why just one disk wont load but all the rest will

No Events found!