Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2009 01:00

Downgrade from Vista to XP Home

Hello,

I have a brand new Studio 1737 with Vista on it. Now I want to downgrade to XP Home, I also have a valid XP license incl. install-disk.

My problem: when I enter the service tag, I only get informations for Vista drivers. When searching the drivers support section, I get tons of pages for audio, chipset and network drivers, but how can I find out which ones to use?

I am also missing the XP-part of what is called 'Dell_System_Software_Ann_Rxxxxxx.exe' on the laptop.

Can anyone help me out with informations?

Best regards,

Peter.

984 Posts

September 7th, 2009 02:00

Dell does not support the Windows XP operating system on the Studio 1737. Therefore there are no Windows XP drivers available from Dell for the Studio 1737.

1 Message

November 4th, 2009 19:00

Hi

Dell does not provide xp drivers for 1737, but
I have found all solution/drivers that can downgrade Dell Studio 1737. 
Download the 32 bit Windows XP Drivers Package for Dell Studio 1537 Utilities from here:
http://www.samsware.com/pageLib/index/index.php
After downloading the rar file from here read the instruction pdf file which will guide all installation process step by step.

I have tested this drivers on my studio 1737, all yellow mark gone and everything is successfully installed except net adapter 1394 which i wont worry much.

Enjoy :emotion-21:

3 Posts

January 29th, 2010 20:00

Has anyone found a solution to the 1394 net adapter? This problem seems to keep the system from going into standby or hibernation.

No Events found!